Thursday, May 27, 2010

That Homey Feeling

I have officially arrived in Dijon as of yesterday around 5 p.m. Life feels great, like the stars are in perfect alignment.

The flight was long and I couldn't sleep, and after arriving at Charles de Gaulle Airport near Paris, all I had to look forward to was a 5 hour bus ride to Dijon. So, 16 hours of traveling in total.

At one point on the bus we stopped at a rest stop for a mandatory break for the driver. I had accidentally fallen asleep, and when I woke, was severely lost. I did not know where I was, and when I got off the bus and heard French, was even more confused. Apparently I had forgotten I was in France. Weird.

In any case, I now know and love it. It just feels right. I can't explain it. Even though I've never been to Dijon before, I feel a deep connection, like I'm home or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment